Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend

Hey all,
Wow my weekend went fast!! I thoroughly enjoyed it though because this is the first time in a lonnnngg time that I have had a whole weekend off! I've worked at Morimoto since I've moved out here and for the last few months my schedule was fri, sat, sun, mon....so it felt very weird to not be working! I start my new job tomorrow though and I will definitely let you all know tomorrow how it goes!

This last friday I got to spend time with my friend Reena. I went to college with Reena and she lives out here in NY (Long Island - which is close to NYC), but due to crazy schedules I've barely gotten to see her in the last few months!

However, before I headed out to Long Island to visit Reena friend on friday I decided to to to T Mobile because my phone started acting funny. Most of you probably don't even know this phone exists. I have 2 phones...verizon and t mobile. I mainly use the t mobile with Ali and non-verizon people....but anyways....this phone started acting funny a couple of days ago. I woke up and it was vibrating...and wouldn't stop!! The only way I could get it to stop was if I took out the battery!! So I took it to the t mobile store here on SI and of course I get the dummy employee. Now normally I would not be mean and say this about anyone but he was the worst customer service person I have ever encountered. I walked up to the counter and he was the only one not busy...so I said "hi, my phone is not working right, can you help me?". He looks at me for a second then asks me if I have some kind of phone. I say "no, I don't even know what kind of phone that is...here is my phone"...and I pull out my phone and show him the vibrating problem. He then asks for the last 4 digits of the social security number on the account. The account is in Ali's brother's name so of course I don't have a clue. So then I have to call Ali's brother at work, otherwise this lovely man says he can't help me. So I call Ali's brother, thank goodness he answers, and he gives me the last 4 of his social...no problem...I rattle it off for the the man and hang up. He then needs my phone number and of course I give him the wrong number...shows you how often I don't give out this number!...and he says he can't find the account and asks for the social numbers again. I can't remember the numbers because I just said them really quickly while on the phone and thought the man would put the in the computer. Well when I gave him the wrong number it deleted the social numbers...so then we had to play with numbers to come up with the right numbers!!!

Soooo finally we got the account open and the man is not talking to me...he then just says "ok we'll give you another phone"! He didn't try to fix my phone or even look at it! Then one of the guys buddies walks up...and this is where the fun began. This lovely friend sticks around and my customer service rep, instead of helping me, walks away from me!! and starts talking to his friend!! I actually follow him because I didn't know what he was doing! So I have to wait while he chats with his friend. He then comes over and continues helping me and shows me the phones I can chose from...I chose one which is really nice!..so now he needs to take the memory chip thing from the old phone and put it in the new one (and no I don't know the technical name for this chip)...so he stands and tries to get it out for a while and then says to me "do you know how to get this thing out?"!!! YES he definitely said this!! Two things are wrong with this sentence 1) if you work at a store that is all about cell phones you should know what "things" are called 2) you should also be able to take out one of these "things", and not act like you don't know what you're doing. So I got the chip out :)...and of course as I begin to take the chip out he goes back to his friend and chit chats a little more!! Annoyance...huge annoyance my friends...finally the turd comes back over and and he turned on the phone and says "you're all set". Oh lord. I just take my phone and walk away..i decided it'd be better to figure out anything I needed on my own...and I didn't want one of the competent workers walking over and saying..."Why are you just giving this girl a phone?!" The quality of customer service nowadays...can't get any better!!!

So after getting my new cell phone I started my drive to Long Island. I left around 3 and man did I misjudge what traffic would be like. It was horrible because everyone from the city goes out to Long Island on the weekends...so lets just say a drive that would normally take 1 hour took about 1 hr and 45 mins...but I finally got there! Reena and I then hung out and tried to go shopping...I say try because I was in a horribly picky mood and couldn't find one thing that I wanted!! Oh well :) We then got some chinese for dinner and went to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I actually really enjoyed this movie and almost cried a few times!! Seriously!! So cute. We then went home and passed out...hey I told you I'm an old woman!
On Saturday we woke up and watched some Olympics and then got some breakfast at a diner close by. Diners are really popular out here!! Aftwards we got Italian ices...does anyone in Indiana know what these are??...I didn't until I can out here and insist they aren't in IN. They are like a mixture between ice cream that's more ice than cream....that's the best way I know how to describe it!!...After hanging out a little more I headed back to Staten Island. I then sat home ALONE and watched some Olympics and just relaxed. I stress alone because that almost never happens!!

I then picked Ali up from the ferry and we went to what I thought was going to be a small bbq at one of his friend's house...Yeah....as we we're pulling up we see the street is blocked off...and why might you ask...oh because it's a huge freakin' block party!! So after searching for parking we get to his friend's house. We hang out, have some food, stand around because we don't know many people, and then we head inside his friend's house to watch some MMA fights on pay per view. So we're just starting to watch the fights and I notice that Ali had gone downstairs and has been down there for awhile. I wonder what he's doing so go look for him and I find him in the bathroom...throwing up! All he says is go get the car...he looks horrible...so I get the car without saying bye to anyone...not to be rude but because he really looks bad. Ali drags himself out to the car and I attempt to speed home as fast as I can...1) because he looks really sick 2) I don't want him to throw up in my car! So we get home and he falls on the bed. He proceeds to run to the bathroom a few times to be sick and then after a few times, just holds the trash can next to him on the bed (well I held the trash can), exhausted and in a lot of pain. He honestly made me wonder if I needed to drive him to the ER he looked so bad and acted like he was in so much pain!!! Thank god after being sick quite a few times, whatever was making him ill got out of his system and the pain went away...but what a fun night...emptying a puke fill trash can....:)

Today, Sunday we slept in, Ali needed it...and then we went out to New Jersey. Ali's cousin AJ and his wife Jessica and baby Ayan live out there and we visit alot! Ali's friend Mike also went with us. Ali and Mike went fishing with his other cousin, Shadan (I know lots of family!), while I hung out with AJ and Jessica all day. It was honestly relaxing though to just sit in there house, watch the Olympics, and just...relax. I don't know how else to say it. I played with Ayan who is such a cutie...I'll have to post a picture of him. Ali got back around 7 and we left shortly after, got some quick Indian food and came home! Today wasn't too exciting...but I need those days every now and then...actually more than every now and then would be nice!!
Okay I'm going to bed to get up early for my first day of work tomorrow!!
Wish me luck!
Love
Sar

No comments: