Monday, August 18, 2008

I got back to my country roots!

Hey Everybody!
This last weekend I visited Rach in upstate NY. It was a chore trying to get up there but once I got there it was a great weekend.
I left after work on Friday at around 4:30. Now normally I would get upstate in about 5 hours...well not on a Friday leaving NYC. It took 7 1/2 hours guys!!!!! I'm not exaggerating either! I got there at midnight! What a drive. I got stuck in traffic and sat for who knows how long, my GPS system stopped working half way through the drive (thank goodness for a good memory), and I almost ran out of gas at the end of the drive because the last hour you are in the middle of no where!!

But I got there :) On Saturday we went to Boldt Castle in Alexandria Bay, NY. It's right across the water from Canada! I love historical buildings, especially homes. The kids did really well too! We spent a little time after touring the castle hanging around the town. It's soooo cute. It makes me desperately miss all the small little towns around Indiana. This area is called the 1000 Island regions and I love it. There's tons of small little towns and it's totally country.
Here are a few pictures from Saturday. The last picture is from the top of the castle looking at the town of Alexandria Bay!













On Sunday Rach and I took the kids to Old McDonald Farm!!! It was so cute. This is a real, working farm that does tours of the farm for kids. They let kids pet and see all of their animals. Sophie feed the goats popcorn, we saw pigs (did you know pigs are actually smarter than dogs!!),sheep, llamas, chickens, rabbits, horses...everything! We toured the cow barns too. This farm has 550 cows and milks all of them 3 times a day!! Here are a few pictures from the day!













My weekend felt so short. I miss the babies already!! Don't worry I miss you too Rach. It's so hard to leave them...especially since Sophie has given me a nickname...Bebo!! We have no idea where it came from but I love it. When I was leaving she stood on the front porch saying "bye bye bebo, bye bye"!!! Then I honked my horn for her and made her jump cuz it scared her so much! :)

Sar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Sophia is getting sooo big!!!! :) Ahhh The fun of being an auntie... :) Glad you had a fun time and got there ok....Talk to you later.....