Monday, July 28, 2008

Mini Update

Hola friends!

There’s not much exciting news from the last couple of days so this’ll be a little short! The past 2 days I have been a slave to Morimoto!

However, I did get time to drag Ali to Mama Mia!!! I was sooo excited to see it and then got pretty disappointed. Mama Mia is a movie musical (which I love!) but turned out to be kinda cheesy. I will NOT be admitting this to Ali though my friends... I can’t give him the satisfaction that it wasn’t that good...as he warned me it wouldn't be! The sociologist in my totally came out as well and I completely ended up analyzing the movie in terms of gender...my professors would be so proud!

Other than living at Mori and analyzing Mama Mia I haven’t been up to much...so I think I’ll use this post to “advertise” some posts to come!!! Hahaha!

Get ready kids for for an upcoming list of Hoosier Dos and Hoosier Don’ts!!

You may be thinking I’m crazy and wondering what in the world I’m doin'...so I will tell you ;) Out here in NY I am constantly making the comment “hoosiers do/don’t do that”! I seriously do this so much that people completely know me as the Indiana Hoosier girl at work :) I also drive Ali crazy with this! Just last night at the movie I informed him while in the line at the movie that in Hoosierville we NEVER have to wait this long in lines (or as a NYer would say ON line...so stupid right)...he told me to shut it...then I told him to shut it...all with love of course...kind of....So don’t worry...soon you’ll get to see what I’m talking about...;)

I am also announcing this to all of you so there’s no backin’ out...I’M DOING A 5K!!!

I’m really excited about this and working on my mile time right now! I currently can only run like a 14 minute mile...no laughing people! My goal is to get to a 10 minute mile and then I'll do the 5K. I think I can get there by October so some time during that month I plan on doing my race. I’ll keep you all posted on my progress and where/when I’ll be doing the race.

Also I am going to begin posting pictures...hopefully tomorrow....and dependent on whether or not I can figure out how to include them :) I really want you all to see the craziness of commuting in NYC and to see St John’s....so stay tuned!!!

You're never gonna guess the second thing I'm soooo excited to start posting in my blog....guess....recipes!!! Doesnt' that sound fun!! I don't cook at all really but I am obsessed with the food network, cooking magazines etc and I'm constantly seeing cool recipes...so i'm gonna share them with you all...then you cook them and tell me how it goes ;)

Okay I have to go watch the finale of The Next Food Network Star ;)

Love Sar

No comments: